Monday, April 6, 2009

So Life Begins....

It all started one day when I was sitting at Mum and Dad's and decided to look on line at jobs for nannying. Long story short, I found one in Australia that ended up being PERFECT!! So I packed my bags, quit my job, moved out of my house in Lethbridge and flew to Australia. Having never been far from home, it was quite the 28 hour adventure. Not knowing the family I was going to live with, or ANYBODY in Australia - i was so excited!!!

The family, who I stayed with for 6 months - were awesome! They had the cutest kids ever - Joe (3), and the twins, Thomas & Mackenzie (6 months). I enjoyed spending my days with them - going for walks, playing outside, and going to the beach. It was quite the life!!! And somewhere in between, I happened to meet my husband Mike!!! And that is when my life began....

Joe
Mackenzie & Thomas


Mark and Amanda.


Bath time fun...

Out & About
Just playin'...

Fun at the Beach...




The hardest part was saying 'Good-bye!!!'
(Joe wanted one more game of hide n seek, and one more bounce on the trampoline before I left.)





Mike and I spent every day for the next several months together enjoying life!

Baseball game in Perth: Canada vs. Australia
Aussie Rule Footy Game.




Our first Christmas together - at Mike's parents.
Chillin' at the beach...



HaHa...
Australia Day!!



One night as we were down at the beach, I saw something written in the sand. It said 'Will you marry me?' Sure enough Mike proposed.


I married the Love of my Life March 8, 2008 in Perth Australia. What an amazing day!!!

Joe was such a stud!!! He took the role of my dad, and walked me down the aisle.




A good friend from Australia - Kirri-Lee. She was my Maid of Honor.

With Mike's parents.
Us with Rob (Best Man), and Kirri.
Mike's whole family.

Amanda!! The lady I lived with and the one who took all of our beautiful wedding photos!!!
With Grandma Fleming.


















We then returned to Canada where our life together begins. We have had so many amazing memories together. Mike has been able to experience lots of firsts living in Canada. For example - shoveling loads of snow, sledding, water skiing, experiencing the wild winds and lots more.


5 comments:

  1. The whole story couldn't be more perfect or filled with more wonderful memories and times. Can't wait for more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you, I'm so excited that you have a blog! Love it! Can't wait for pictures of your beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey!! I am loving your blog- I can see myself visiting here a lot! Can't wait to see more pics and hear more stories, you are too cute....

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING music!! You surely must have hired a professional music consultant!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey Love ~ You need to get more darling pictures of your handsome husband and your DARLING little Madilyn as well as beautiful you. I know you are on face-book too but this blog is SO neat I want you to keep it up as well. And you know how important it is to keep Grandma happy! You are such a precious family.

    ReplyDelete